Throttle delay - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle delay - any ideas?

I have a Tige' 2003 22V. My engine is a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI, 315HP and I have a SynchroTech V-drive transmission. I am having some issues with my boat and I wanted to get your thoughts before I took it in. There is a delay in my transmission engaging. Specifically, it seems that the boat wants to move forward once it hits about 900-1000 RPM's. Even if the idle is set at 900 (with the gear shift in neutral) once I shift it into forward gear the RPMs drop down to 500. In order to get the boat to move forward I have to move the throttle enough so that the RPMs hit 900-1000 and then the transmission will engage and the boat moves forward. I can adjust the idle in neutral easily, but how do I adjust the RPM's so that once I move the throttle forward the RPM's are immediately at 900-1000 instead of 500? I was thinking if I made that adjustment, then the throttle would engage without delay. Should I even being doing this, or do you think I may have a transmission problem here? Should the transmission be engaging at 500 RPMs? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check the transmission fluid first

I had my 2006 22V in for its first maintenance and they changed the transmission fluid, but did not fill it quite all the way. When I filled it completely to the line on the dip stick it began to shift appropriately. Otherwise there was a delay.

Comment

I'd agree, check the fluid first, it may just be low. Have you ever changed the fluid? It needs to be done once a year or every 100 hours along with your oil.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
      X