Oil leak in my Velvet drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak in my Velvet drive

The shifter bracket bolts on to a shaft. Trans fluid is leaking around that shaft while the boat in running. I imagine that there is a seal on that shaft inside the velvet drive that has gone bad. Looks like I will need to pull the drive out and replace the seal. Anyone had this problem or know of an easy fix?

Check this out

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...haft+seal+leak
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

looks like its the shifter spool seal, but I cant see any way to get at it without taking the trans apart.

Comment

Originally posted by kimdobbins View Post
        looks like its the shifter spool seal, but I cant see any way to get at it without taking the trans apart.
        Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to do this repair, but it is my understanding that the shaft will slide out the port side (on a V-drive) of the trans after removing the nut and cable linkage.

Send a PM to Lee or FIC. They should be able to tell you for sure.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to do this repair,
          It's sounding like fortunately to me Sounds like a PITA!
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

yea def a PITA
            Everything happens for a reason
            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

There is a three bolt cover on the other side of the shifter you have to unbolt the cover and push the spool valve out that way , there is an o ring on the valve.

Comment

There is no cover on the other side, this is a direct drive, no V drive if that makes a difference.

Comment

Alright, I give up...........what model/year boat ya got

Comment

2003 22I mid engine.

Comment

Nope, just like stated before. It slides right out, replace o-ring and slide back in.

Comment

Working...
                      X