Never go to Lakota Watersports in West Chester Ohio for a repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never go to Lakota Watersports in West Chester Ohio for a repair

I am now in the 11th month and the repairs are STILL not done. This has got to be the longest, most ridiculous repair in HISTORY

They have been saying it will be done in a few days for months now. After having to cancel 3 trips, they have officially screwed my boating season.

Originally posted by Sandmoose View Post
    I am now in the 11th month and the repairs are STILL not done. This has got to be the longest, most ridiculous repair in HISTORY

They have been saying it will be done in a few days for months now. After having to cancel 3 trips, they have officially screwed my boating season.

I was thinking about your boat the other day..........is this still from the partial sinking? What a bummer dude I wish I could help.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes I am still dealing with this. The insurance has been AWESOME. About 90% of the boat will be brand new. Lakota Watersports has had the boat since last September and has basically done NOTHING. Today was the first day it touched the water. I had 3 trips scheduled with my last summer trip starting next Monday. I was told today that the driveshaft is wrong and the engine did not run properly. The owner of the shop is leaving on Saturday for his vacation so I am screwed. He screwed me out of the entire boating season. I have lost about $800 on my reservations because I believe him every time he says it will be done. He will probably get it done just in time to winterize it. That would probably take another 6 months. This has been the most miserable time of my life!
      This is the last straw for me and boating. I plan to sell this thing as quick as I can and piss on the rest of it.
      Last edited by Sandmoose; 07-13-2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Well, I feel your pain. Selling that boat may not be a bad thing but I hate to see you get out of boating all together

Hang in there bro
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Hang in there bro
          true chp. I cant imagine not having my boat for that long. I have not had mine for a month for engine repairs
          As soon as you get it back take it out. Im sure you will rediscover boating and love it once again?

how did you swamp it?
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
            true chp. I cant imagine not having my boat for that long. I have not had mine for a month for engine repairs
            As soon as you get it back take it out. Im sure you will rediscover boating and love it once again?

how did you swamp it?

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2723

Comment

I will let you know what the "Excuse of the Day" is. I am sure it will be another inventive excuse for a 10 month repair.

Comment

Sandmoose. I just went through the exact same thing as you. Took my new boat out for the first time in early may, only to have the motor blow. The mechanic originally said I'd have it back the next week. After 6 long weeks of stress and cancelled trips, I finally got the boat back.

I have used it 5 or 6 times since I have had it back, and just now it's starting to feel like a good purchase. As fun as it was the first few times out, I'll admit I was gunshy and stressed about it breaking again. But now I am starting to trust it and just plunk it in the lake and go all day.

When I first found out what my problem was, I thought exactly the same thing you are thinking. I was going to sell it and cut my losses. I am glad that I stuck with it and waited to see how much fun a boat like this really is. I'm sure by the end of summer the rather large repair bill will not even be a thought in my mind.

Hope all works out for you, as I know how crappy it feels to think each day is the day your boat will be back, only to be dissapointed each time. Best of luck, let us know how it turns out for you.

Granted my 6 week ordeal is not the 11 months you are in, but I get the idea.

Comment

OK, so I just read your original post with the pics of your boat. I now feel like a **** for saying my ordeal was similar to yours. My blown motor issue was nothing compared to what you are going through. Sorry about that.

Although now I am really happy to have sacraficed 2 hours of riding last year to rescue a stricken fishing boat. Hopefully Karma is now on my side.

Comment

Working...
                  X