Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whinning or slight hig pitched howling noise....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whinning or slight hig pitched howling noise....

i have a 2002 tige 22i... when i am in high rpms the boats seems to make a slight high oitched howling noise or a whistleing noise but not very noticeable. but i wasnt playing the raido and i had noticed it. just bout the boat a few weeks ago and was wondering if this is a normal noise or if it could be the star of a expesive problem about to occur... if so i hope that someone could be of a little assistance so i could maybe catch it efore i get stranded on the lake lol.. but the boat runs great and has no problems so i hope it is normal.. it almost sounds like the tubo on my dodge in a way..
    thanks
    will

I dont know anything about your problem but check you oil. I ran low and now getting a new motor. not much fun
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Check your flame arrestor for possible debris. You could have a piece of paper or small leaf or something else stuck in there and it could be generating a whistle pitch noise. Just a thought.............
      I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

Does it sound like a sewing machine?
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

i dont sew but i guess it could be something like that?

Comment

Does the whine sound increase in pitch as the RPMs go up? Notice any issues with low voltage conditions? Notice any vibration that wasn't there before? Might have your alternator checked.

Mike
            Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

yes a little vibration when idaoling. another thing is that the boat seems to kind of sputter when taking off and all the way till areound 26 mph. i havent had any problems with this boat until i sprayed the carpet and the bilge down with a water hose with a sprayer on the end.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopykat View Post
                Does the whine sound increase in pitch as the RPMs go up? Notice any issues with low voltage conditions? Notice any vibration that wasn't there before? Might have your alternator checked.

Mike
                I've got the same issue and I'm having my dealer check it out today. I definitely have voltage issues. I'll let you guys know what they say.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                X