Speedometer and alarm issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer and alarm issues.

When I put my boat ('03 Tige 22V) in the water over the wknd, I noticed that the speedometer had quit working, but the perfect pass was still telling me the speed. Then the next day as I was cruising the speedo was trying to work, however it only made it to 10mph. About the time I noticed the speedo trying to work, I started hearing an alarm from the instrument panel. It was two consecutive short beeps every couple of minutes. All the other gauges (oil, temp, voltage) were normal. I am not sure if these two issues are related, or coincidental.

Can anyone help??

on the speedo check your connections on back of guage and also make sure nothing in the p/u on back of the boat....you pp uses a paddlewheel on the bottom of the boat to tell speed.
    - the alarm going if it is depth guage mine did this a couple of weeks ago and I couldnt get it to stop...so I went to model specks and it said to go to zero to turn off.
    hope this helps.

Comment

Your speedo sensor tube may have something in it. The little black plastic tube hanging off the right rear transom could have some debris in it or just mineral buildup from water drying. Pull off the vacuum hose from inside and blow some air thru it. That may not be easy where the sensor comes thru the transom as ours has a big glob of silicone around the hole. Our boat has a 6" long brass bourdon tube in the line mounted on the transom so you might have to cut the line before that to blow thru it, just put a vacuum hose splicer back in. As water flows past the speedo sensor it creates a vacuum in the hose line which is routed to the speedo gauge to deflect the needle. Make sure the hose is not crimped. The speedo gauge is non-electrical except for the light so it is probably not related to the beeping issue.

A loose power connection to the PP might cause it to restart and beep, but you would see a startup screen on the display. The only other beeps come from the transducer under the dash that's part of the engine warning system - low oil pressure, high temp. Maybe a loose connection on one of the sensors is causing an intermittent warning condition. There may be a second sensor for the oil or temp that is seperate from the one used for the gauges.

Comment

Working...
      X