Perfect Pass not reading boat speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Pass not reading boat speed

OK, paddle wheel appears to be in good cond, spins very freely, and does not appear to be installed at an angle or on a bent shaft etc.

I did the system reset, still no speed reading.

So I called PP last week, did a voltage check on the wires going from the paddle wheel to the module. Red and Bare give me a full 12V, so that's good. Green (speed signal coming back from the wheel) and Bare give me 2.5 or 0 volts. I know I should be getting a 12V or 0V on the green and bare, or avg if I spin the wheel.....so is the transducer bad at this point, or maybe just the paddle wheel is defective???? Anybody ever have this issue?

I had the computer module go out on me within 30 days of my original install. My symptom was that it just wouldn't take over speed at all. I'd call the guys at PP. They are usually very helpful.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

hey dog, did you do your own install?
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

No, I had the Ski Dock do it for me. In retrospect, it doesn't seem all that complicated (and they didn't charge me all that much to do it...3-4 hrs labor). The biggest challenge is drilling the hole in the bottom of the boat for the speed pickup...it needs to be in an area where you have clean water flowing (i.e., not disturbed by the fins, prop or rudder).
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

yes, they're closed today, was hoping to get some info so I can order parts, but plan on calling them as well tommorrow

Comment

Working...
          X