Steering Problem? Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Problem? Vibration

I thought I had hit a log. I heard a clunk, then there was a vibration. I replaced the prop just to be safe, and test drove the boat. It ran fine going straight up to 4000 RPMs. Then I circled to the left, and I heard the clunk again and had the vibration again.

I remember now that the first time, it happened when I was turning to the left the same way. I know I have a steering cable that needs to be replaced. Could this be affecting the rudder or something causing the vibration?

(The boat revs fine in neutral, but vibrates with a load)

This is a 24V Riders Edition, 2004.

You might have hit a log the first time. If you damage your prop, chances are your shaft is either out of alignment or bent. I hit a submerged log. It bent my prop, shaft, rudder and strut.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I don't think it's the shaft. When I took it out after replacing the prop, it ran like new UNTIL I turned to the left. Then, half way arount the turn, it started vibrating again. I'm going to double check the shaft and engine alignment and strut and mounts today, but I don't think I'll find anything.

Comment

Working...
      X