Whats missing here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats missing here??

So in relation to my other post about tranny slipping, when I was adding fluid to the tranny, I notices a small stream of water coming in where the shaft goes hrough the floor. This would explain how my bilge filled up in < 1 hour of riding.

So tonight I took it apart and clearly I'm missing something. I always made the assupmtion that you packed the rope stuff in there like I did on my old boat, but here there is no rope whatsoever. Is there supposed to be rope inside this thing, or is it packed with something else? Clearly something is supposed to be there.
    Attached Files
    Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Yes I beleive there should be some rope or some sort of packing in there. It should only drip so many times in a couple seconds.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Should be some 1/4" flax packing inside that housing.

Comment

Go to the how to, I have pics posted of a packing change and where the rope/packing goes. It will be in the lower white housing.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

u guys rock

Comment

Did you loosen it or was it like that?
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I loosened it. At first I tried tightening it, but it quickly became obvious something was missing.

Ordered the 1/4" stuff from SkiDim, so should be all good once it gets here.

Comment

I guess the more interesting question is where did the old rope go?? Its not in the bilge.......

Comment

The magical engine gremlin took it.

Comment

If I ever catch that little SOB, I'm gonna string him up by the ....... well you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Originally posted by jleger98 View Post
                      If I ever catch that little SOB, I'm gonna string him up by the ....... well you get the idea.
                      He stole my wallet and my gas!
                      Common Sense is not so Common
                      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                        He stole my wallet and my gas!
                        Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                        I guess the more interesting question is where did the old rope go?? Its not in the bilge.......
                        Then I'll take pictures and send them to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X