Swim platform rubber replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swim platform rubber replacement

My swim platform has the black rubber on it and this makes a MESS when anyone steps on it and then enters the boat! Their feet, and the fabric are covered with black marks. Even though I scrub it down, it still bleeds everytime it gets wet.

So, I peeled off the rubber and now need suggestions on what to replace it with. What a horrible design.

Indoor/outdoor carpet?

TIA, Paul
    Last edited by flyboy; 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM.

Gator Grip or Hydro Turf.

I have heard a lot about Gator Grip being good. I requested samples of the HydroTurf and the stuff if very foamy but much denser than shaving cream. But, I would suggest Gator Grip (www.wakejunky.com)....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
      Gator Grip or Hydro Turf.

I have heard a lot about Gator Grip being good. I requested samples of the HydroTurf and the stuff if very foamy but much denser than shaving cream. But, I would suggest Gator Grip (www.wakejunky.com)....
      Interesting stuff. Thanks..How can we tell it won't color run as well? I believe the sun bakes the current rubber and then once wet, bleeds...And no, I do not want to cover my swim platfrom each time...PITA.

Comment

I am sure there are others that will chime in on this one. But, the stuff is a foam base where as the current stuff is a rubber based product. I think the foam will work a lot better.

Comment

I have heard a lot of good things about Wakejunky. You can pose the same question to him and I am sure he will explain more. Good Luck.

Comment

I see on the Mastercraft forum that they are having the same issues....But MC is replacing the rubber under warranty.

Hmmmm....I wonder

Comment

You can talk with your dealer and ask them. It wouldn't hurt....

On WW, there is a Supra that is also having the same issue. The guy changed his platform to HydroTurf though.

Comment

I've been kicking around the GatorGrip platform idea for a while now and finally have the wife sold on it I am confident that it will last for many years.

I think Domz06 (or maybe someone else) has had some on his boat for a while now and it is holding up great.

Take some pics during the installation of what ever you go with.

EDIT: here is another discussion about the black http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=swim+platform
                Last edited by chpthril; 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chp, I think my wife is also sold on the stuff after this weekend. Too many black marks on the seats and everywhere else. Does anyone have any experience with the black/black combo? I am affraid it will get too hot here...

Comment

I put gator grip on my last boat and it held up really well. No color bleeding at all. Follow the directions to a T when cutting though/ With its "bumps" if you don't cut it at just the right angle it looks unprofessional.
                    Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Finally got my 24V out this year. I had this same problem with the swim platform. We were at the lake for 4 straight days. Much worst at the beginning of the week and got better as the week progressed. Store the boat covered and indoors. Do not specifically wash the platform other than being rinsed.

Comment

Working...
                      X