Prop Size sugestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop Size sugestions

I have a 07 RZ2 with the 6.0 400 HP the stock prop is 13.5 X 17.5 with the normal load of 6-8 people while pulling a boarder up it is to slow. What would be the best size? I would rather get up on plain faster and give up top speed.

That just doesn't seam right you should have no problem pulling up a boarder with 400 hp and no ballast......

Can you get some one up on a ski???
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree! An RZ2 w/ 400hp should not have ANY problem pulling up a boarder. My '07 22Ve w/ the 340hp motor pulls boarders up plenty fast.. How slow is "slow"? I would have guessed that if you gunned the 400hp motor you'd rip the boarders arms off!
      If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
        I agree! An RZ2 w/ 400hp should not have ANY problem pulling up a boarder. My '07 22Ve w/ the 340hp motor pulls boarders up plenty fast.. How slow is "slow"? I would have guessed that if you gunned the 400hp motor you'd rip the boarders arms off!
        Thats what I thought too I came from a 04 20V with 335 HP and it came up on plain way faster. This boat with both rear ballast tanks full and 10 people I can barely make 22 miles an hour while pulling up a 190 pound boarder.The RPM slowly climbs above 3000. The boat does have about 4 to5 MPH more top end than my old one. I am kind of alone on this as there is no more dealer here. I have never been in a 22' with anything above 335HP and that was 3 years ago when I bought my 20V. I bought the new MEFI 5 program to check out the engine and reset trouble codes. There was throttle errors and cam phase.Tige sent a new throttle and that fixed those issues. I now have no new codes as of this weeked.

Comment

I have the MP 5.7 and can pull up 2 boards at once. 400lbs total with no effort.
          I am running a gear reduced v-drive with a 13.5 X 16 4 blade prop.
          Something sounds off on you system.
          (Your boat is heavier, and then mine by about 1,000lbs) but you also have much more horse power. I only have 340.)
          Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
          X