Engine Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Temp

Just wondering what the normal operating temperature for your engine is? Mine is running a bit hotter than last year, but I think its still good. Running about 180. '97 2200V.

Thanks
    Honey I'm home!

Our 2000 350 Mag MPI runs at a very steady 170 deg.

Comment

Probably around 175. If you speed up and then slow down it will read a little hotter because less water is being pumped through the engine.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

engine temp will depend on your thermostat. If you get a cooler or warmer stat it's going to read that temp. YOu can tell when my stat opens, as it runs to almost 180, drops to 170, back to 180, etc. Pretty consistent at 175 though unless I'm in really warm or cold water.
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I thought I was running about 170 last year. I expected that when I sped up the temp would drop a little since it was pulling more water, but the thermostat must be holding pretty constant at 180.

Thanks all.
          Honey I'm home!

Comment

When is the last time it had the impeller replaced, just a thought.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I never go over 175 (unless I am having impeller problems).

Comment

Brand new one in March. Had the whole thing checked out at the dealership.
                Honey I'm home!

Comment

What sort of engine do you have? Most of the Mercrusier thermostats I've seen advertised are 140 degrees

Comment

The rated temps for thermostats are at what temp it opens, it has nothing to do with the operating temperature of the engine unless of course it's bad and doesn't open. but you'd definately know that one. So a 140 degree thermo will open at 140 degrees allowing water to pass through. Mine runs at 165-175 depending on water temp and how i'm driving it. If your plowing along wakesurfing your temp will be higher versus wakeboarding as you have a higher rate of exchange, 180 is not hot in my book.
                    "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

I've got the Black Scorpion. Thanks for all the input. Just trying to keep my baby in tip top shape.
                      Honey I'm home!

Comment

I have A MP 5.7 and it runs around 165 f
                        Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
                        X