Oil gauge gone wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil gauge gone wild

While out on the lake yesterday, I noticed that my oil gauge was fine, then all of a sudden the neddle started bouncing back fourth between 0 and 40 then it was fine for 2 minutes then it would start again. If I moved the throttle up or down it would go back to 40.
    Any ideas, the boat only has about 40 hours on it?

Originally posted by TigeDuner View Post
    While out on the lake yesterday, I noticed that my oil gauge was fine, then all of a sudden the needle started bouncing back fourth between 0 and 40 then it was fine for 2 minutes then it would start again. If I moved the throttle up or down it would go back to 40.
    Any ideas, the boat only has about 40 hours on it?
    Loose connection at the gauge or sending unit. Other than that, I would guess a bad sending unit.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Did you check your oil? If you have low oil levels, it will lose pressure at idle, and may be fine while throttled.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Oil is full with about 10 hours since change. Do you know there the sending unit is on the 6.0?

Comment

Originally posted by TigeDuner View Post
          Oil is full with about 10 hours since change. Do you know there the sending unit is on the 6.0?

Check where the oil filter is (or where it would be on the block if it is remote) or up by where the distrubutor would be/is (does the Marine 6.0 use "coil near plug" yet?)
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On the 5.7 MAG MPI the oil pressure sender is at the lower rear left side of the block. The sender is a standard auto type little can with a wire connection post in the center of the top. The wire is connected with a black angled push-on boot. I've had those push-on boots work loose before. The post is threaded so I replaced the connector with an eye ring, nut, washer & lockwasher. The boot can be squeezed to make it tighter if it becomes loose. I think the nut for that post is a 10/32.

Comment

Working...
            X