Taps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps question

My Taps meter was working 2 weeks ago while I was in the lake. I don't know if the plate was moving, but the gauge moved from one end to the other. However, I tried to see if it works at home and found neither the taps gauge or plate are moving. Does the Taps only work when the engine is engaged or should it work on land even if the engine is not on and engaged? I've filled the reservior and it didn't help. I hear the motor turn well when I press the taps button up, however when I press the button down, it barely turns (it sounds like it's struggling). Either way, the plate and the guage don't move from the slalom position. Does anyone have any suggestions? The boats a 97 pre2050wt.

It should work regardless of whether the engine is on or not. I'd check the hydraulic line going into and out of the pump to make sure it's still in one piece.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The lines aren't leaking. Why will the motor run well when pressing the button up, but pressing the button down the motor sounds like it's struggling?

Comment

If rememeber right, (which I probably dont) you might have air in the lines.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

How do you get the air out of the lines? Do you continue to pour the ATF until all air comes out? Or is there an easier way to do it? Should I be worried t

Comment

How do you get the air out of the lines? Do you continue to pour the ATF until all air comes out? Or is there an easier way to do it? Should I be worried that it might be a big problem?

Comment

mine just started to do the same thing... mine went to the wakeboard (up) position but won't go back down.... my local dealer told me to check the wiring b-4 he charges me to fix something I can do on my own. When I try to go back to ski(down) position I don't hear the pump trying to run at all. May be a totally different issue from yours. However, I did find a new pump for about $250 incase it happens to be a 'worse case' scenario. Good luck.

Comment

Ilija Vasic - try putting a voltmeter across the wires to the pump and see if you're getting the same voltage both ways - up vs. down. There is a small circuit board under my dash tied up in the harness that I think is part of the switching circuit for the pump to reverse directions. On the board is what looks like 2 relay canisters. Maybe one of them is not letting full voltage thru to the pump. The little wires coming from the TAPS switch on the throttle are not large enough to handle the current needed to run the pump so they must be using relays or something. The guys at Bennet told me if the gauge is moving the plate is moving. The sensor that drives the gauge is inside one of the pistons and the gauge will not change unless the ram position changes.

s9195 - where did you find the new pump & what was the part no.?

Comment

You might make sure all the connections are made to the battery. My boat has been in the dealership because of TAPS only to find out that I forgot to connect one of the battery terminals.

Comment

Working...
                  X