Courtesy Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courtesy Lights

They stopped working. I press the switch and the red light on the switch does not light up. Seems it is tripping the breaker. I'll reset the breaker and flip the switch and I still don't get anything but it doesn't trip the breaker right away. I'll check a few minutes later and the breaker appears to be tripped. What can I check? Burned bulb somewhere?
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

I have a burned bulb but its not tripping the fuse and the switch light does come on.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
      They stopped working. I press the switch and the red light on the switch does not light up. Seems it is tripping the breaker. I'll reset the breaker and flip the switch and I still don't get anything but it doesn't trip the breaker right away. I'll check a few minutes later and the breaker appears to be tripped. What can I check? Burned bulb somewhere?
      Unplug and re-plug each courtesy light one at a time to check for a shorted lamp. When the "bad" one is unplugged, the others should come on and the breaker should stop working.

If this doesn't work, then the short could be between the lights and switch. Unless the breaker is tripping even when the switch is off, then the short is between the breaker and the switch.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How do you unplug one of those boogers?

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
          How do you unplug one of those boogers?
          I think mine have a 3in pigtail w/connector for each light asm.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Like this?

Sorry Evil
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
              Like this?

Sorry Evil
              Not the easiest way, but you could snip 1 wire at a time and then resplice.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Unplug and re-plug each courtesy light one at a time to check for a shorted lamp. When the "bad" one is unplugged, the others should come on and the breaker should stop working.

If this doesn't work, then the short could be between the lights and switch. Unless the breaker is tripping even when the switch is off, then the short is between the breaker and the switch.
                I'll be checking this weekend. And if it is shorting with the switch off?

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
                  I'll be checking this weekend. And if it is shorting with the switch off?
                  Fallow the harness from the switch back to the breaker looking for problems, pinched or chaffed wire.

Comment

Well it looks like I found the problem on accident yesterday. Looks like both lights in the lockers were left on and are now burned up. I put both in the off position and the Courtesy Light switch worked and the LEDs in the boat turned on.

Comment

Time for a LED change-out.

Comment

Working...
                      X