Unknown Wire labeled Taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Wire labeled Taps

Ok so I was hunting around trying to make a courtesy light work and I stumbled upon a wire labeled Taps, not connected to anything. I have not tested it to see if there is any power or anything. Anyone have an idea?

Its the red one in the center with the yellow cap on the end.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zad0030; 05-21-2007, 10:58 PM. Reason: Im an idiot
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Does your TAPS work?
    If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Yes, There is nothing wrong with the TAPS.

I think it might have something to do with the fuze.. but I have no clue.

Comment

not sure... who ever had our boat before us rewired it so there are ALOT of wires that make no freaking since. but g.l
        For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Comment

Anyone know what this thing is!!?

Comment

Ok update went out moved some more wires around, The black ground is hooked up to the black ground wire from the taps box. ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!?!
            Attached Files

Comment

Lee.. Someone?

Comment

Please..

Comment

who cares?
                  everything works so dont worry ha
                  Everything happens for a reason
                  I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

But I want to know if we can use this. We wanted to wire the TAPS to turn on and off by one of the ACC switches. And becuase this has the same end that would connect to the switch, I wanted to know what it goes to and what its purpose was.

Comment

Why don't you hook a multimeter up to it, and see if it is even connected to anything? Check it while adjusting TAPs, key on/off, etc. Take some initiative!
                      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                        Why don't you hook a multimeter up to it, and see if it is even connected to anything? Check it while adjusting TAPs, key on/off, etc. Take some initiative!
                        I was but i didnt know what I was doing so my dad will.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                          I was but i didnt know what I was doing so my dad will.
                          I unplugged the black wire taps was non functional if i stick that black wire on a switch will it work with a swich
                          Last edited by zad0030; 05-24-2007, 05:40 PM. Reason: still an idiot

Comment

OK, its probably a ground so it probably wont work with the switch? Right?
                            What about the red one?

I have a feeling this would have been used for the hydrolic taps system but we have the Lenco and its probably a different setup.
                            Last edited by zad0030; 05-24-2007, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Alright we kind of got this figured out now.

We want to try and we wire this if we can to a switch. Do you think this will work?

1st one is how its setup now, the 2nd is how we are thinking about settting it up.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X