Battery Box vs Tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Box vs Tray

Can anyone think of a reason to keep the box cover on the battery? It's taking up too much space. Maybe replace the box with the tray style? Also, thinking I could be charging the battery with the onboard charger without having to worry about battery vapor build up. Comments?

The cover on my battery box won't fit on the box when the cables are hooked up on the battery. Leaving it on could hold in hydrogen gas build up, and the box would contain a spill should the battery tip over. I'd keep the box just secure it with the lid off. Also, I would disconnect the cables when charging the battery.

Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
      Can anyone think of a reason to keep the box cover on the battery? It's taking up too much space. Maybe replace the box with the tray style? Also, thinking I could be charging the battery with the onboard charger without having to worry about battery vapor build up. Comments?
      The cover will prevent anything from falling across the terminals and arcing.
      The box will collect any spills and secure battery.
      Box should have vent holes to prevent gas build up.
      A low amp on-board "step" charger will not over charge battery and there for produce very little gas.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X