Marine Power Oil changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine Power Oil changing

Hey all, I dont have my MP manuals in front of me but I was wondering what is the time frame for an oil change? Is it every 50 or 100 hours? The online manual found on this site says 100 or annually.

I have 56 hours and I am not sure if I need to do it now or wait till my 75hr service?

You should have changed it at 20 hours. After that it is annually or 100 hours after the break in oil change. I don't think the change the oil at the 75 hour service unless you want it done.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
      You should have changed it at 20 hours. After that it is annually or 100 hours after the break in oil change. I don't think the change the oil at the 75 hour service unless you want it done.
      Thanks Coach. It was changed at 20hours.

For some reason I thought I had to do it at 50hrs.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I just had my 20 hour service done last week. I found I will only need to do it annually from this point on after talking with the guys.
        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Ok now Im really confused. Just called my wife and had her read the MP manual and it states to change the oil/filter at 50hrs? lee, FIC any comments?

I would think I would not need it done since I did the 20hr oil change.

Comment

Ok I just emailed Andrew Reyes. He said 100 hours.

Comment

So which one is it 100 hrs or 50 hrs like the manual states?

Comment

100hrs.

The MP manual said an oil change needs to be done at 25 and 50 then every 100 hrs.

Comment

I think FIC suggests 50 hours on boats that are used quite a bit, that's what I am following. Also, he has a very good point about synthetics not being suggested for boats that sit a lot as the near perfect molecular construction also lets the oil drain out of the engine too easily. I run synthetic, but we put 4-8 hours on the boat per week.

Comment

I have the 5.7 340hp Marine Power in my 04. My book said every 50 hours, or once a season. ( which ever comes first) Also it states to use straight 30 weight oil.
                    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

100 hours is ok but 50 would be better.

Comment

Working...
                      X