Fuel Gauge not working New 20I Tige'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Gauge not working New 20I Tige'

Brand new Tige' brought home yesterday. Filled with fuel, gauge reads empty. (Dealer 150 miles away). Owner's manual ridiculous nothing about fuses, breakers or anything. Can't get to fuel tank to ck connections. All other guages working so has to be fuse or loose wire or bad sensor. Help me find fuse, I'm not driving 150 miles for a fuse or breaker or other solution.

May sound a little ridiculous, but tap on the gauge. Mine has stuck below "E" a couple of times after shutting off and restarting.

Good luck and welcome to the Tige family
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Tap, Tap, Tap.. didn't work we tried that...

Certainly there must be a fuse or can you access top of tank to check wires. Manual is the pits.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TimMs View Post
        Certainly there must be a fuse or can you access top of tank to check wires. Manual is the pits.

thanks
        The fuel gauge is probably powered of the same source as the other gauges and the signal from the tank level sending unit is a ground through a variable resister.

You can check the connections on the back of the gauge, they are easy to see while lying on you back looking up at the back of the cluster.

Getting to the tank requires pulling the back seat and floor panel i think but not sure on a 20v
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you have a test light you go to the back of the guage and there should be a blue or purple wire , after you plug your ears turn the key on see if the test light lights when you touch that wire , thats the power to the guage, next theres a black grownd wire check that connection , third wire runs to the fuel sender useaully if you touch it with the test light it will make the gauge needle move. hope this helps.

Comment

I feel your pain, I also have shared your symptom. I agree the manuals are very lacking, no info at all. I have had two problems with my gas gage. 1 was before I got it the dealer had to work on it, I also had to have a starter replaced at 9 hours and got the boat back, gage read empty. I believe I wasn't told the truth about the resolution. Not sure if this will help but there are several fuse packs in the engine bay and under the dash. They will be multi wired connectors with black covers on them. Pop off the black cover and there will be fuses inside. I have found many of these during my search of an inoperative gage before getting in back to the dealer. In my case all of the fuses checked ok. Good luck. 150 miles is a long ways to go for something stupid like a fuse. But if frequency has anything to do with it seems as if this is something tige' is struggling with. There are a few other threads posted here talking about the same thing.
            I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

May I suggest that you take it to the dealer even if its 150 miles and have them fix the problem. That is what warranty is all about. Unfortunately its a 3 hr ride. Set up a day/time so that you can get it back the same day. TIGE and its dealership need to provide you with something that works. I can see if it was out of warranty, but Its a new boat and its up to them to provide you with a functional products they install. I do not believe you should be taking time to fix things that should be working. Question is did it get out of the plant not working?

Comment

TiMs is the same guy whose engine failed and the demanded it be fixed before the dealer could have possibly had any knowledge of the problem. See his thread in the general questions.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                X