Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New owner needs ideas on where to buy parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner needs ideas on where to buy parts.

Hey everyone I just bought my first inboard ski and wake boat. Yesterday I got a 1998 pre 2200I wt and since it is my first one I'm looking for a few hints.
    1 where can I get a new oem airguide spedo cause one of them is no good
    2 where can I find owners manuals and service books for the boat and engine
    3 are there any certain places on line that offer a lot of tige parts for sale

Thanks in advance for any help because I'm sure I'll be asking many questions in weeks to come.

Sorry I cant help you much on where to get older Tige parts. May try a dealer if it is a Tige specific part. Otherwise many parts are used by many builders in the boating industry and can be found at many retail outlets such as West Marine, Boaters World, etc

Welcome to the Tige family, post pics when you get a chance.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 97, and get aftermarket everything. There are no manuals. DO you have specific questions about anything?

On the speedo, what is it doing to make you think it is broken? The Airglide style notoriously get clogged pickups, so a small drill cleans them out in most cases. You can also get retrofit replacement pitots from skidim.com. I replaced all the VDO gauges with Faria Chesapeake series. The VDOs are very crappy, and I am sure your's are dry rotted as well as mine were.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I'll post some pics this weekend then more after I clean her up and put my Monster Tower on.
        The 1 speedo was replaced with a cheap after market one that looks like crap. I was thinking of finding a oem replacement.
        As far as manuals I was looking for engine service manuals.For routine maintenance and winterizing.
        Thanks guys.

Comment

You can order engine manuals from Marine Power or mercruiser , but after owning mine for 8 months, I can tell you that you really don't need them. I have found mroe than ample info on the web and through a member here that has a forum, and by calling Tige, and the resident know it all, lee.

You aren't going to have much luck finding direct replacements. Those VDO gauges crumble to pieces once they are pulled out. You best bet is to drop a couple hundred and replace them all with something else.

Here's the stockers I pulled out. These are the only 3 that didn't fall to pieces, and the glass on them was cracked and dry rot.

Here's my replacements.

heres an early pc of the dash....I had already added my fuel flow.
          Last edited by spharis; 05-09-2007, 02:56 AM.
          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Spharis, Those look as bad as mine.What type did you put in?

Comment

Faria Chesapeake white face with Stainless trim rings. The TAPs I ordered from Texas Tige'. I have a part number. Tige' used these same Faria gauges with an added logo for some of the late models after ours. They were all direct replacements, with minor wiring mods required to add. The best pricing I found was thorugh boatersland.com. Here is a link.
              http://www.boatersland.com/farcheswhss.html

These are also available on ebay as packages, but you have to mix/match, and still order from boaters land for some. I got mine for Christmas, and valentines, from the wife. I think all in all minus the flow meter, it was under $250.
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

What do myou mean flow meter?

Comment

Airguide is out of business, but you can find NOS on eBay from tiome to time.
                  "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_B View Post
                    What do myou mean flow meter?
                    A fuel flow meter to have an accurate fuel reading and usage rate. Search on here for fuel flow, it is an exhausted topic. You should look into getting one if you boat for more than a day at a time, or in a remote location.
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Welcome to the site!

You can try ebay for a replacement speedo.

Here is a link for ordering Mercruiser manuals. I have them and I think they are very helpful.

https://appcenter.mercurymarine.com/...rm.jsp?type=mc
                      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Spharius here she is before I do the things I need to do.
                        Attached Files

Comment

looks Sweet Jim, all she needs is a tower and you are set
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril.

Comment

Whoa Dude, it's got a white Taps plate and rams. Are they painted? Looks like a white rudder and shaft strut as well. Trippy.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X