Floor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor problem

I have a 2000 21V that has a floor problem. I would like to know if anyone else has had the fiberglass resin that covers the floor start to crack shatter and come un-bonded (is that a word?) from the floor. What would you do in my situation? I want to take care of this before I have any problems with the wood in the floor. Any input would be appreciated.

The floor could still be under warranty (10 years).

Check with your dealer.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

DUH!!!

Called the dealer, HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WARRANTIES WERE!!! Said to bring it in and leave it and they would take pictures of it and send it in to Tige to see if it is covered. (Sorry, having a party next Saturday) The resin is flat out shattering, and it seems to me they should have some fiberglass material in it instead of straight resin over the wood. Resin gets brittle without fiberglass material in it does it not? Got a call in to Tige to ask them direct, and send pics direct. If anyone thinks this is the wrong route, let me know. The fewer people in between the problem and it getting fixed the better, right? Here are some pics if I can do it right.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
        Called the dealer, HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WARRANTIES WERE!!! Said to bring it in and leave it and they would take pictures of it and send it in to Tige to see if it is covered. (Sorry, having a party next Saturday) The resin is flat out shattering, and it seems to me they should have some fiberglass material in it instead of straight resin over the wood. Resin gets brittle without fiberglass material in it does it not? Got a call in to Tige to ask them direct, and send pics direct. If anyone thinks this is the wrong route, let me know. The fewer people in between the problem and it getting fixed the better, right? Here are some pics if I can do it right.
        Wow, that's unreal. You could send a Private Message to either of the 2 Moderators, Andrew or Harvey, They are both with Tige and have been a big help to me and others on this site. One of them may be the person that responds to your email anyway. Good luck, let us know how it comes out.

Hay, post some pics of your boats good side.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

PM Sent and Look forward to talking with you.
          Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
            The floor could still be under warranty (10 years).

Check with your dealer.
            Only for the original or properly transferred owner; otherwise void......lame.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

customer service #1

Just wanted to pass along that Andrew saw the pics and PM'ed me immediately. I will be taking my boat out there soon as I can, and he assures me that it will leave the factory better than new. He said that this is a new one, and this has never happened before, but after he is through with it, it will never happen again. Super guy, and super concerned about my boat, even to the point of apologizing that it will not look good for the party we are having next weekend. I will post pics as soon as it is repaired, as I believe it will be better than new. Thanks to Andrew and the Tige company that stands behind their product.

Comment

Way to go TIGE!!!
                Let it be!!!

Comment

That is awesome. Are you the original owner?
                  http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                  []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Bought the boat as new, with new warranties, however, it originally belonged to Erik Ruck. We found the title paperwork still in the glovebox when we got it. My son has it in a frame in his bedroom with his wakeboarding posters. With the morning dew on the windshield, you can still see where the "Erik Ruck team rider" stickers were.

Comment

Took the boat back to Abilene yesterday, and got to take a tour of the facility. Incredible place. I can tell you, your boat is HAND MADE every step of the way. I am surprised that someone did not slip in the drool I left after looking at all the great boats preparing to leave the factory. You have all ordered some beautiful boats. Andrew was great, as were all the others I met at the factory, including Charlie himself. If you ever get a chance, check it out. I will post pics when I get the boat back. Gotta love great customer service. Now I just wish they made bass boats as well!

Comment

We got to ride with Erik Ruck back in 2003. He, Nick and Bisch were a lot of fun. My kids have their old wakeboard autographed by them still hanging on their wall. They still talk about it to this day.
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The other night I decided to look at tige.com and went into the video's of how everything is made. I was just drooling over the videos. I couldn't imagine going thru the plant itself. You're one lucky person.

Comment

It is amazing how there are no machines being used (except handheld grinders, polishers, etc.) to build the boats. The RZ4 mold looks like a fiberglass swimming pool it is so big. It is amazing how custom each boat is, I dont think I saw any two boats the same. That is truly custom.

Comment

We know And we all love our boats. We are just glad others outside this forum don't. We would never be able to get one then because they all would want one.

Comment

Working...
                              X