Ballast Install Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Wing Nut
    The adapters are not really that big of a deal. My issues came from changing the plan midway through the install for a better fit. The drain pumps will reguire adapters on both ends. This is where you might want to use smaller pumps. Over on Wakeworld there is a thread going where the person made his manifold using 1 1/2 PVC which looks doable for a better fit for the gate valve.
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Original Wing Nut View Post
      Questions for Tall, Lee, XPJim or anyone else who cares to offer .02 I am going to tackle a ballast install. I am going to get a custom surf sack with another 550# in the rear, a bow sac and a 550# in the walkway and under my bow filler. I am looking at tsunami 1250's pumps. I think I am going with scoop and gate valve as I want to fill while underway. I think Carline switches similar to Juniors modifications. The biggest question is how many man hours do you think are involved for someone who is fairly capable? Also any other helps or hints? I will probably be tackling this beasty project in two weeks and will have a week to complete, just wondering how many late nights to plan on. I will try to do a photo documentary as I go and add to the end of Talls install thread, I know I can't do his justice, but a different perspective maybe.
      I would stay clear of the tsunami's the non-standard fitting will drive you mad and they are onl 100GPH fast than the standard rule 3/4 pumps. I would also avoid the manifold and gates entirely and install your pumps directly into your hull. Make sure your lines go up as high as possible before filling your bags and you'll not need to ever screw with any valves, check valves etc. Check out a mailbu factory setup if you wanna know what Im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by dougofkc View Post
        I would stay clear of the tsunami's the non-standard fitting will drive you mad and they are onl 100GPH fast than the standard rule 3/4 pumps. I would also avoid the manifold and gates entirely and install your pumps directly into your hull. Make sure your lines go up as high as possible before filling your bags and you'll not need to ever screw with any valves, check valves etc. Check out a mailbu factory setup if you wanna know what Im talking about.

Do you have any pics or a link, I would like to see the where the 3-4 intake through-hulls are. I myself would rather have a single hole to drill for the intake, but I can see how this would make pump placement easier.

So I guess with running the hoses high, you are creating a reverse drain trap?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The fittings are not really that bad once I found a source for the missing adapter. Just had a long weekend of driving and was cranky when I made that post. The manifold is pretty simple and if you go with a 3 fill pump system the gate valve will fit no problem. I like the one hull thru the hull also but am curious to see Malibu's system.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

little late in here, but it took me all day sat, and half day sunday. SO...
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Lee I am curios to know why yall went with the 950 pumps instead of the 1100 pumps? My install has the 950 on the fill but 1100s on the rear empty pumps.

I know its not a huge difference but why not make the fill faster if you could.

Comment

You have to be an OEM to get 1100 gph Johnson pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                  You have to be an OEM to get 1100 gph Johnson pumps.
                  Huh really. Thanks.

Comment

We can get the 1100 gph replacement cartridges but not the complete pump.

Comment

Working...
                    X