Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator Upgrade ideas??

Hello,

I have a 2001 Tige 2300V. I want to upgrade my alternator from the stock 65 amp to maybe 100? I am looking for upgrade options if you have any to suggest.

I have 8 six inch Kicker Speakers and 1 twelve inch subwoofer I am powering with a KMA450.6 amplifier. We do listen to the music pretty loud, so I want to be able to replenish the batteries properly. We can be sitting for hours at a time.

I just put 2 new batteries in the boat. Both of them are AutoCraft Marine Pro Battery. One is the 24M 550 CCA and the other is 24M 800 CCA.

If you alternator is not showing signs being weak, I would say you will get more mileage from a good on-board charger to top off your house bank once the boat is back home.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mechman makes a true 170 hairpin alternator (@1200 rpm's) and 145 @ idle. Item #M7127170. Cost $400.00 to your door.
      They are put into 75% of all wakeboats these days. It is a true marine grade unit with spark arrest, and salt resistant coatings.
      This is the MOST amperage can put out of a small case alternator without continuous failures. I plan to install a second in a couple of months.
      Bottom line with Alternators - more is better.

170A hairpin marine approved alternator with 6/12 12SI fitment 2.1" 6 Groove Pulley.

Comment

Working...
      X