Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil/V-Drive/Transmission(gear box?)

Hey guys,

I’m trying to save some money by changing my fluids on my own. Local place wanted 250 just for an engine oil change.

I just need some advice.

I have a 2005 Tigé 22v, 5.7, 340 HP.

Looking to get:

What kind of engine, v drive, and tranny fluids are recommended and there capacity’s.

Thanks in advance

I did this 2 years ago to our 06 24ve with the same engine you have. This is what I was recommended:

So don't have an older tige on our lot right now with a marine power 5.7L to take picture of for you. That being said it's the best bet to take some ATF and a straight SAE 30 with you. The transmission is the first unit bolted to your bell housing. Will have dipstick on starboard side. Not sure but it is either a zf or velvet drive trans. Zf transmissions can run a bit quiter on 15-40 and is actually the recommended oil per Indmar (same transmissions we're used by multiple engine marinizers) but recommended fluid is ATF for both velvet drive and zf per transmission manufacturer.
    The next unit stacked to the transmission is your v-drive and should be a Walter in this boat. Will have a dipstick on port side that looks like a big button that you pull up on. This box get the SAE 30. Take 2 quarts of the SAE30 and the ATF and just fill and check level with the dipstick.

For the engine oil straight 30W or 40W. Some guys do run indmar 15-40 as well.

You will need a fluid extractor as well. I used a Mityvac and it worked great.

Comment

Working...
    X