Help getting engine hours off ECM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help getting engine hours off ECM

I’m looking at buying a 2005 Tige 24v. Dealer selling the boat (Not Tige dealer) is telling me they don’t know the hours for the boat. I believe I should be able to get the engine hours off the ECM but the dealer that’s selling the boat doesn’t have said tools. I am in need of assistance as to if there is a reasonably priced tool to do so myself before buying. I know once I get it I could just have a dealer do it for me for sure but I don’t have a Tige dealer that closet to me.

Thank you all for the help.
    2005 Tige 24V Limited
    Fort Wayne, IN

Are you SURE there isn't a Tige dealer close to you? Where are you located?

Comment

There is but its but 3 hours away. I’m in Fort Wayne, IN
      2005 Tige 24V Limited
      Fort Wayne, IN

Comment

Most any boat in that era would be using the same generation MEFI. Maybe MEFI-4? Any shop servicing marine EFI engines should have the hookups and software.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here is the best place I know of to purchase the software needed. I would make the selling dealer buy it though. Or like chpthril said find a local marine repair shop.
          http://mefiburn.com/mefiscan.asp
          You need to which version of MEFI you have first. Use the engine VIN#
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I just figured out its a Marina listing it for the old owner not a boat dealer so they don’t do that kind of service. So they aren’t going to cover it. With the boats price I don’t know that I’m extremely worried about the hours. I can stop by dealer on my way home with the boat and get the hours figured out. But I might just pull the trigger on the scanner tool since that could come in handy down the road if a problem does arise.
            2005 Tige 24V Limited
            Fort Wayne, IN

Comment

This is what most shops use.

https://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm

Comment

I have a 2004 24V and I had my local service shop (Not a Tige dealer) who is a Mercruiser dealer and my boat does have a Mercruiser 350MAG motor, they plugged into the ECM and was able to give me all kinds of information like the max the RPM the boat had been ran at, the amount of engine hours on it and many other things so I believe your local shop should be able to do this same thing.

Comment

Working...
                X