2014 RZR v-drive shaft leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 RZR v-drive shaft leaking

I have a 2014 RZR. The other day I was going through the boat and after I moved it I noticed some water dripping from my v-drive under the boat. Wondering if this is something I should worry about or is it normal?

Also, when I lifted the floor up to look were the v-drive comes through the bottom of the boat. I noticed that everything is covered in oil I believe? Oil filter is tight and all the fittings are tight as well. I’ve attached pictures of both. DB76622A-B415-4AE8-A56B-7A7E7C558874.jpg 41305146-0E75-4D93-B5DB-46FF8A1B94B7.jpg 50125345-D2BC-4C97-AEA1-C2BBBFADC8D7.jpg 03CFE8FC-EE0C-4E99-8723-ED0D95E9BD9E.jpg
    Last edited by AlexPfeifer; 02-06-2020, 12:03 AM.

No pics, but I want to clarify that its water was dripping from where the prop shaft exits the boat? Im pretty sure your boat has what they call a drip-less shaft seal, which is water cooled. So yes, normal to have water drip from it.

Hard to say on the oil leak. Besides the engine oil, could be transmission/v-drive. Not sure if these are 2 different reservoir or one on a 2014. Not sure if there is a detectable color, but anti-freeze has a slickness to it also. id clean the bilge, make sure all the fluids are full, then monitor the levels and for further leaks.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Did you perform the last service or did someone else do it? Is it possible the oil film is leftover from the last service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I can’t figure out how to upload the pictures. I’m new to this.

But yes, where the shaft comes out of the boat. It was dripping pretty steady.

That was my thought, clean it and monitor it as I use it.

Comment

The company we bought it from has done all the service to it.

Comment

Welcome to the site!
            Here is the how to post pictures thread.
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-resize-images
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
            X