Lake depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake depth

Hi everyone, not sure if this question is in the correct spot but here goes.
    We tried wakesurfing with 3 different boards yesterday on lake st Clair and we couldn’t let go of the rope, the boards felt way to slow. Nothing was different in my setup, on my lake I go to the most I can ride the board around the lake all day without the rope.
    We were in about 10’ of water. Question is, does the water depth play a factor in the wave? My wife said it even felt different while driving.
    Thanks
    Brian

Yes, shallow water will hinder a surf wave.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Word on the street is below 10ft the wave just about goes away. Less the 15-20ft and the wave can be slightly compromised and >25ft all should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
        Word on the street is below 10ft the wave just about goes away. Less the 15-20ft and the wave can be slightly compromised and >25ft all should be good.

As Bamer said, anything under 25' will require more effort to maintain a decent wave.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Our lake is 6-12 feet at the most and we never have an issue with the wave - ever

Comment

10 ft is the magic number our lake only has one channel that is >10 ft, when in it I can let go of the rope, as soon as it goes to even 9 the rope is needed.
            2012 RZR

Comment

Below 12 takes a lot of the steam away....but is rideable.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Thank you sharing nice threads.It is helpful for me.I m the manufacturing and sales of diesel spares used in locomotives, marine and power sector. The brand Indo German Industries, Indo German Industries, offers an extensive range of locomotive products for the rail industry.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                  Below 12 takes a lot of the steam away....but is rideable.

this.
                  riding the fox river in green bay if you stayed in the channel that was 20ft wave was great. as soon as you venture outside the channel it drops to between 8 and 12ft and wave loses most of it's height. it's really tough to stay with the boat.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                  X