Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 22v vdrive

Hello all.
    So I was going over all my fluids and realized my vdrive fluid was low. What does everyone use to fill it back up.

30w non-detergent motor oil
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Really? Assuming the engine bolts up to the vdrive right. Also that’s safe to just add fluid to? It’s like 3 notches low.

Comment

Yes, for the Walter v-drive. However, the Borg Warner transmission takes dexron III
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I was told it was velvet drive!

Comment

Yes, Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission. V-Drive is made my Walter.

Comment

Ok so dextron 3 it is

Comment

If it is indeed, then transmission you are topping off. If topping the v-drive, then 30W non-detergent motor oil.

Comment

Do you have an email I can pictures to?

Comment

Yes, and you can also attach here in a post. Click the go advance, then click manage attachments. Upload

PM sent

Comment

That’s the one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thats the trans dip stick. The blue chunk of metal is the v-drive.

Comment

How many ways do they take I’m 6 notches low cold
                          Attached Files

Comment

I dont think the trans holds but 2 qts at most. The Walter manual is in the download section but I do not see the Velvet trns manual.

Comment

Are you checking it hot (running temp) or cold? I believe you should be checking it hot.

Any question on a the Vdrive id be more than happy to help, no expert but I just got finished pulling my vdrive (exact same as yours, Walters RV-26D) rebuilt it and reinstalled, 0urs broke 2 teeth on the #10 gear, ruined our 4th of July week vacation

Other than that boat has been solid and a great surfing boat. Oh keep engine oil semi full, if it gets low it will go into limp mode surfing as all the oil moves away from the sensor and it thinks oil level is low.

Comment

Working...
                              X