Taps 3 staying Deployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 3 staying Deployed

Replaced a surf tab actuator on my 18 R21 on starboard side. Actuator works fine while surfing. When all done and turn surf off the tab stays deployed. Can go into surf demo mode and hit surf = and it will retract but when I hit okay or done it will re-deploy. If I hit just back to the main screen it will stay retracted, but if I hit a profile or make any changes it will re deploy. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you recently have it replaced or in for service??? Sounds like the wires at the Duetsch plug got flip flopped

Comment

You are correct. No electrical engineer, but growing up wrenching always like colors to each other. After talking with my dealer turned out that colors were off, flipped them around works great [emoji85][emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by MX86 View Post

You are correct. No electrical engineer, but growing up wrenching always like colors to each other. After talking with my dealer turned out that colors were off, flipped them around works great [emoji85][emoji848]

Your model harness was equipped with AVX back in 2015. So when they switched to taps 3 in 2016 they just reversed the wires so they would act opposite. Unfortunately the change was never made in the harness to correct the colors. All ZX models have the correct color sets.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X