Alpha M2 Tower Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha M2 Tower Noise

I have a 2019 R23 with the Alpha M2 Tower. The other day we were cruising across the lake 18-25 mph with Taps on 4-6(set for smoothest ride) and when we had a little harder impact with a wave there was a large cracking/pop noise. Probably occurred 20-30 times during a 7min run across the lake. Sounded like metal on metal hitting. After a few minutes I traced the sound to the tower base. The tower was sliding side to side when I heard the noise. Has anyone experienced this? I could see and feel the tower sliding side to side inside the base mount.

As you can see in the pic, the tower is not centered in the base and has room to move.

The waves were wind blown and were 1-1.5ft. The boat was handling the waves just fine and the ride was not rough. My wife was sitting in the bow and was comfortable, so it’s not like we were slamming wave like crazy. Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: we were hitting the waves at a 25 degree or so angle because of the direction we were going, obstacles (trees) we had to go around etc...... wave were impacting on starboard side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bamer; 06-25-2019, 06:13 PM.

Bump...any thoughts?

Comment

I've never looked that ose at the M2 but on the E2 I thi k theres some big nylon washers that shim it. Maybe one broke??? Have you folded the tower down and inspected?? Somenof the brass bushings on the M2 end up out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
        I've never looked that ose at the M2 but on the E2 I thi k theres some big nylon washers that shim it. Maybe one broke??? Have you folded the tower down and inspected?? Somenof the brass bushings on the M2 end up out of place.
        I will fold it down and look this weekend!

Comment

Working...
        X