Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a new pss dripless seal

‘06 22ve I picked up last year.

Still has the original style seal without the water plumbed in, probably the original. It has started leaking. I’ve adjusted a couple times and it hasn’t helped.

Is there anything else I should replace while I have the shaft out? I plan to change all the fluids.
    I have read countless shaft seal threads over the past couple weeks, but of course apparently can’t duplicate the searches to find the threads where I read useful information. I finally started copy/pasting in a long email thread, links to the threads I need to be able to find later.

Thanks. This forum has been a huge help.

I’d replace the cutless bearing in the support strut as well. Im sure there are some threads detailing it more here. Ive seen some you tube videos on replacing them as well.

Comment

Thanks. Ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by sebenfitty View Post
        ‘06 22ve I picked up last year.

Still has the original style seal without the water plumbed in, probably the original. It has started leaking. I’ve adjusted a couple times and it hasn’t helped.

Is there anything else I should replace while I have the shaft out? I plan to change all the fluids.
        I have read countless shaft seal threads over the past couple weeks, but of course apparently can’t duplicate the searches to find the threads where I read useful information. I finally started copy/pasting in a long email thread, links to the threads I need to be able to find later.

Thanks. This forum has been a huge help.
        I use the Tapatalk app to view this forum. The app allows you to save any thread you want for quick access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strongly recommend you replace with the WET dripless seal. You're going through the agony of tearing it down anyway, so install the better seal while you're in there. Even PSS themselves says our boats should use the wet version.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
            I use the Tapatalk app to view this forum. The app allows you to save any thread you want for quick access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I usually do all my Tige "research" on my computer at work. Never have time at home. I downloaded tapatalk and didn't care for it. But didn't really give it much of a shot. Need to revisit

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
              Strongly recommend you replace with the WET dripless seal. You're going through the agony of tearing it down anyway, so install the better seal while you're in there. Even PSS themselves says our boats should use the wet version.
              That is what I ordered. Just gotta go pick up the T-fitting to plumb in after water pump

Comment

Working...
              X