Diagnosing Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosing Issues

I enjoy working on my own vehicles/toys so I'd like to be able to diagnose any problems I might have with my boat. After doing some research it seems that the best route is to go with a product from Rinda Technologies. Is the Diacom software what most shops use? Does anyone know if the TechMate Pro would provide sufficient information or is Diacom the way to go?
    Last edited by awd95mn; 06-04-2019, 07:58 PM.

I have been facing huge problem while printing using my printer because every time I try to print my canon printer offline windows 10 appears and after that, the printer does not work. I have checked the cable also but still the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by awd95mn View Post
      I enjoy working on my own vehicles/toys so I'd like to be able to diagnose any problems I might have with my boat. After doing some research it seems that the best route is to go with a product from Rinda Technologies. Is the Diacom software what most shops use? Does anyone know if the TechMate Pro would provide sufficient information or is Diacom the way to go?
      Diacom is the way to go. Most marine engine ECM's are Econtrols based or MEFI based. Its not OBD or Bosch based protocol which is what TechMate will read.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Onlt upside to the techmate pro is that you can see it better if you are out on the lake trying to use it (laptops wash out in the sunlight even at max brightness). Major downside to techmate vs Diacom is you can only view single lines of data at one time and have to scroll thru and theres a LOT of input data to scroll thru. Diacom on the laptop will allow you tee all data all at once on one screen. I have an older version of the techmate and I hardly EVER use it. Prefer the laptop.

Comment

It looks like the newer version of the TechMate Pro can show 3 lines of live data, but I do understand what you mean vs. having it all in one place. I'm still on the fence which way to go but am somewhat leaning towards the TechMate Pro as I can leave that at the lake and don't have to worry about lugging a laptop with me most weekends. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked back at your forum posts and saw you have an 14 R20. Get Diacom. That way if you have an issue you are stumped on you can make a recording and send it to Indmar. Its not a feature that is used often but when you are stuck it is super handy. Im assuming your 14 has the 5.7 Cat ETX from Indmar in that odd year before the Raptor....
            Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-07-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Yep you are correct, I have the 5.7. Looks like Diacom it is then. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I didn't think the techmate could read mefi and econtrols. I was way wrong. I was thinking it was an off the shelf unit and not a Rinda product. Now I know.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ya, the TechMate will even work with some Merc G3 stuff too. I hate trying to page thru info on it though. I always just bring a towel and try and set up a nook to look at my laptop when I am on the lake Diacom'ing. That plus the hourglass function on Diacom so you can blow up data into windows and then stretch window size so you can operate the boat and watch real time data while not running over the poor guy out there in a 12 skiff fishing because you are staring at a screen

Comment

Working...
                  X