Swivel Rack Pin Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swivel Rack Pin Stuck

Anyone know how to fix stuck pin like in the pic? The pin won’t retract back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inner portion is bent and hangs up on the outer. Needs replaced. That whole piece just threads into the rack. You could try unscrewing it and fixing it, but I've had no luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      The inner portion is bent and hangs up on the outer. Needs replaced. That whole piece just threads into the rack. You could try unscrewing it and fixing it, but I've had no luck with that.
      Unscrew this part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Grab the anodized area of the pin assembly and it will unscrew from the rack. You can get one as a replacement.

Comment

If your pin still moves up/down but does not engage I had the exact thing happen two weeks ago.
          If the pin moves up/down but will not lock the rack in place then you have broken/sheared the Plastic Top to the pin and it is stuck in the hole!
          You need to remove the small set screw in the top mount, and then remove the big bolt from below. (I think the set screw holds the bolt from undoing, so it must come out first).
          Once the bolt is removed the top section of the rack will come off, be careful there is a plastic washer that lets the top/bottom slide nicely.
          Now if you look in from the top of the pin hole you will likely see a small plastic circle that is wedged in the hole which prevents the pin from moving upwards. I used a bunch of jiggling with a small allen to line the plastic circle with the hole and it popped up/out with the pin.
          Once the pin is free of this obstruction, put it back together.

I did this on the lake one day and so never replaced the plastic, which likely isn't too necessary.

I believe the plastic top will break (shear) off if you don't have the pin pulled down all the way before rotating the mount when using.

Good luck.
          Tige.jpg
          Last edited by BPillar; 06-03-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X