Help troubleshooting my limp mode gremlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshooting my limp mode gremlin

2006 24ve with marine power 5.7. EIDB. I had replaced the pot and Calibrated. Have done the throttle rewire so both throttle and ECM are on same circuit. Batts are new. Have checked grounds which are good.

First encountered limp mode on lake yesterday with an accompanying tone. Shutting off and restarting always clears it. Subsequent limp modes were not accompanied by the tone. I have not been able to replicate this issue on dry land. Makes me think something else is going on here involving transmission/v-drive, but not sure as I don’t know what triggers the limp mode, aside from the problems posted here on this site involving the throttle pot and voltage discrepancy. This would explain why I can’t replicate on land because I am not actually putting the drive in gear.

Thoughts/suggestions? I have chased everything I can think of and suggested of on this site.

Possible V-drive or transmission temp sensor issue. Look for wired connections at or near the fluid pump outlet of the trans or v-drive and at or near the cooler for either. Corrosion can cause them to loose connection and water can cause them to make connection, sounding the alarm.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boonecragun View Post
      2006 24ve with marine power 5.7. EIDB. I had replaced the pot and Calibrated. Have done the throttle rewire so both throttle and ECM are on same circuit. Batts are new. Have checked grounds which are good.

First encountered limp mode on lake yesterday with an accompanying tone. Shutting off and restarting always clears it. Subsequent limp modes were not accompanied by the tone. I have not been able to replicate this issue on dry land. Makes me think something else is going on here involving transmission/v-drive, but not sure as I don’t know what triggers the limp mode, aside from the problems posted here on this site involving the throttle pot and voltage discrepancy. This would explain why I can’t replicate on land because I am not actually putting the drive in gear.

Thoughts/suggestions? I have chased everything I can think of and suggested of on this site.
      Boone,
      Any luck resolving this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X