Nautic Laugic NL4-SR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nautic Laugic NL4-SR

Has anyone installed one of their GPS gadgets in your boat? It goes between the paddlewheel and the helm, and changes your speed sensing from the paddlewheel to GPS. My boat surges so badly while towing (especially when making any turns) I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Thanks for any info!

Yep, installed one last season (my paddlewheel had stopped working properly BUT I didn't want to give up the depth and temperature sensors which were still working). It is a simple install (takes about 10 minutes). I did need to calibrate my speedo afterwards though. I used a hand-held GPS unit to calibrate. Has been super solid - it was a great purchase.

Comment

To echo on what macteacher2 said, it is simple to install and works great. I spent more time figuring out where to put the GPS puck than I did plugging the thing in. To calibrate mine, I used my cell phone and calibrated at 10, 20 and 30mph. Using those speeds allowed me to fine tune the speedos and now are with .4mph of what my phone says at any given speed.

Only thing I have against it is a cold GPS lock can take 2-3 minutes, but that is minor issue for me. I'll start the boat and let it idle a bit to give it time to acquire lock.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

The surf wake on my 2007 24ve is great, but the paddle-wheel signal to the Tige Speed Set was +/- 0.4 mph, which was too imprecise for speed control. Installed Nautic Laugic’s NL4-Sr GPS this weekend. The Speed Set now is working great with little effort to keep the surf wake clean. Easy install. Highly recommend Nautic Laugic.

Mounted the GPS antenna forward of the port tower pole (for good sky exposure) and routed the GPS antenna cable from the storage compartment behind the observer’s seat through the nearby engine ventilation port to avoid having to drill any visible holes.

Comment

Working...
          X