Ballast plumbing and prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast plumbing and prop question

After putting new wakeboard tower on my boat I feel a little more comfortable with drilling holes in my boat so I decided to go ahead and plumb my ballast. I was going to piece the kit myself mainly because I think I can get it cheaper than wakemarkers with the pump I want. I’m going with aerator style mainly due to cost and able to run dry.

One of the problems I’m having is sizing. I didn’t think about this when I bought the bags bc I got a good deal on them but I have two sumo bags with 1” npt and one fly high bow bag with 3/4” npt... and the pump I want to use has 1-1/8” inlet outlet... it’s kind of confusing to decide what size hose to go with and also I’m having issues with finding 1-1/8” fittings.

I want to create manifold and run all three pumps off one thru hull, is this ideal?

As for the prop I have a 911 on my 99 riders edition, it’s a lot better than the 13x11.5 prop I had before but I kind of want more holeshot for surfing. I’ve read you can re pitch props 2”, if I re pitched the oj to 9.5” will this give me more holeshot that I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I about went your direction and bought my kit from chpthrl and my prop from him as well. The little extra money was worth it when I was calling and texting him at 10:30 on a Saturday night. His instructions were topnotch and he is available and backs his kit. Highly recommend using him as he is awesome to deal with and you ain’t saving that much money. Biggest tip is use two earth magnets to help locate where to drill holes in hull.

I used 1 thru hole for 2 rear reversible pumps and one for the bow sac.

Comment

Why? Chpthril has already done all the thinking for you and has all the parts. You’ve already dug yourself a hole with your sacs. By the time you think you’ve got it figured out, other mistakes and missteps will be made and you’ll find yourself spending more time and more money anyways. You could continue to fumble **** around or you could make one phone call and be done. This has been proven time and again.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas. We are working on a design for 007
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          Why? Chpthril has already done all the thinking for you and has all the parts. You’ve already dug yourself a hole with your sacs. By the time you think you’ve got it figured out, other mistakes and missteps will be made and you’ll find yourself spending more time and more money anyways. You could continue to fumble **** around or you could make one phone call and be done. This has been proven time and again.
          You must have been watching my install The wife said the same thing- Stop fumble ******* around. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Aspidaso View Post
            You must have been watching my install The wife said the same thing- Stop fumble ******* around. LOL
            Ha! I’ve done my share, believe me. It’s just not worth it on a boat. The last thing you want between your family and your boat is a hodgepodge of afterthought. I’d hate to see another Double O (name of my boat) get himself in trouble, especially when “Easy Button Mike” is right here.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I still blow people’s mind when they see the monster wave I get when I’m running full ballast and a suck gate. Some of the best money spent on my boat. No regrets.

Comment

Working...
              X