PTM Edge clamp racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTM Edge clamp racks

I have a 2013 Z1 with the PTM Edge clamping board racks. The clamps on one of the racks is not fully returning to the open position. Looks like they maybe serviceable. Has anyone opened them up? Not sure if the spring is loosing strength or just needs some cleaning and lube.

They cost so much I am little hesitant to open one up. It still will function but keeps getting worse.

A buddy of mine opened his up no problem to find a problem(broken spring). If you’re hesitant maybe give ptm a call first and see what they say.
    Last edited by bsreid; 05-02-2019, 04:30 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Sounds good. Thank you for the recommendation and the contact. I will give them a call and see what they say.

Comment

I don't have the edge racks, mine are the swivel board racks. I have opened mine up a couple times and taken them completely apart to clean and polish, easy to disassemble and re-assemble. Mine have some kind of composite material shaped like a large washer between the upper/lower metal pieces that swivel and after cleaning/lubricating with silicone spray, they always operate a bit smoother. Same with my pins that lock the rack either in/out, Especially trailering and being in garage, they get some dust in there and over time need some maintenance.
        Unless you have a broken spring, my guess is if you clean and lubricate it will operate better tho spring may be getting worn. New set of springs will likely help and in future when stored, you may wanna keep them extended so the spring does not lose its extended tension as fast.... if that end up being the issue when you disassemble.

Comment

I’m guessing they just need some TLC. I have never taken them apart. Should have some time this weekend. Thank you for the input.

Comment

So I took it apart this weekend. Lubed it up and all good. Thank you for the help.

Comment

So I took it apart this weekend. Lubed it up and all good. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X