5.7 mercruiser mag mpi iac valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.7 mercruiser mag mpi iac valve

Having issues locating correct part. I’ve ordered two iac valves and both have short stubby style and the one that is in it now is a longer type prong... as shown in pics. Rebuilt engine with new block so I don’t have any numbers to really go off as the tag is missing. Issue I’m having is the boat fires up immediately but when it’s warm and sits it needs a little throttle to get started again. The original iac was caked pretty good and I cleaned it but I may have messed it up cleaning it.

So question is will the short stubby version work or does anyone have a part # for the correct iac? The pic labeled Michigan motors is similar to my iac valve but I believe it has the same part number as the two I ordered.

CB3FD393-5ADA-4F87-A37E-D2B4286375D3-4688-0000046754821C4C.jpg4A557E75-5589-4FDC-8A43-5F007F420561-4688-000004675DE58BBE.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t answer your question exactly. It almost looks like those are the same except one is depressed while the other is fully extended.

Anyways, the 350mag does that. The problem does not come from from the iac valve. IIRC, it’s an issue with the fuel rails. After it’s warm, before you shut it off, give it a little rev up first and then cut it. Boat will fire back up on the first blip of the key every time. I chased this issue for years think the same as you.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Mine has an EFI but here is the PN for cross reference see if it helps.

805224A 1 - IAC Motor Kit

https://www.marineengine.com/newpart...m=MER805224A+1

or

https://www.marineengine.com/newpart...num=SIE18-7632

18-7632-1 - IDLE AIR CON MOTOR

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        I can’t answer your question exactly. It almost looks like those are the same except one is depressed while the other is fully extended.

Anyways, the 350mag does that. The problem does not come from from the iac valve. IIRC, it’s an issue with the fuel rails. After it’s warm, before you shut it off, give it a little rev up first and then cut it. Boat will fire back up on the first blip of the key every time. I chased this issue for years think the same as you.
        Nice I will try that

Comment

Those are the same IAC, one pintle is extended, the other retracted. If you can get a computer on it, you can reset the IAC and it should be good after that.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
            Those are the same IAC, one pintle is extended, the other retracted. If you can get a computer on it, you can reset the IAC and it should be good after that.
            Thanks that’s good to know. I ended up returning cleaned the one I had and did what nickypoo said, seems to not have issue other than remembering to do it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbond View Post
              Thanks that’s good to know. I ended up returning cleaned the one I had and did what nickypoo said, seems to not have issue other than remembering to do it every time.

Ha, ya, remembering to do it is the hard part. I usually remember after I turn the key off.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
              X