2100V Hull Cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2100V Hull Cracking

I was under my boat the other day and found the gel coat around the rudder had significant cracking (see picture). It’s a 2002 and had a lifetime hull warranty to the original owner, unfortunately I’m the 3rd owner. My insurance has already assessed the issue and values the repair at about $4,000. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned with the integrity of the hull?
    Thanks!

Is there a lifetime warranty on the hull transferable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would expect that if asked, gel is not the hull.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Oh yes, the fine print right?

Comment

Looks superficial to me. The cracks come from the screw holes and not other areas. No one covers gel coat more than a year.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
            Is there a lifetime warranty on the hull transferable?

No, it’s pretty specific, original owner only. Agree that gel isn’t the hull but could some underlying issue be transferring to the gel coat.

Comment

but could some underlying issue be transferring to the gel coat.
              Very very very unlikely. Like koolaid said, the cracks seem to propagate from the strut screws.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Having installed my own Perfect Pass years ago I would say it is gel coat. These hulls are around an inch thick-amazingly thick and heavy with layer after layer of glass. If there had been an impact I would think the prop and prop strut would have had damage. Let the insurance fix it, that is why you pay the premiums, plus, they now know about it and if you do not repair, I would suspect any additional damage, hidden or not, will not get covered. Had that happen on a car.

Comment

Working...
                X