Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Monitoring

Hi the TO Family !

I am considering installing a battery monitoring device on my '10 Z1.
    I have spotted the following product : https://www.simarine.net/product/pico-one-package/

Any one experienced this product or any other similar ?

TIA

I do not have any experience that particular product, but let me ask. First, does it have the ability to monitor 2 banks, or will you need to install 2? I ask, because a 2010 would be a rare bird, to not have come with the dual battery setup. Second, why the meed to monitor? And last, what is the plan when you see low battery?

IMO, an effective dual bank switch that shuts off ALL the non-essential loads from the batteries, is all thats needed. On a wake boat, the auto bilge is the only essential load that needs to be wired battery direct.

If that device connects via wifi, then there must be a network close by. Which means there is shore power there. Id install an on-board charger. Coupled with a proper main battery switch, there is little need to monitor battery. Thus, no need run down to boat.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Mike for your answer.
      I only have 1 battery in my Z1. It does not seem to be a "dual battery ready". Would it be specific for "European versions" ?

Sorry, I didn't understand when you mentionned "If that device connects via wifi, then there must be a network close" ?
      TIA

Comment

No European version, just ordered without the dual battery setup, which was rare.

That device looks like a wireless remote monitor. So id guess it needs a network to connect to? Like a wifi?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I'm the 3rd owner, and the first one ordered this Z1 with just one wakeboard rack... so this could explain.

My understanding of the wifi feature is that it links with a smartphone (like a Gopro would)

One of the interesting feature is to set up an alarm when battery capacity is below x% or voltage below xx V
          I'm having a deep look at the different Manuals that are available on line.

Thanks again.

Comment

The installation will take time as many of the users are not aware of that and the advanced updates have to be installed. The battery capacity is currently below and the voltage has to be perfect. If the system does not support the battery and the volatge, then there will be a chance to get ERROR CODE 0XC0000428 and it has to be fixed.

Comment

Look into a product by Siren Marine https://sirenmarine.com/ It has its cellular transmitter, so no wifi network is needed.

Comment

When I tried monitoring the battery then suddenly chrome keeps crashing windows 10 and not opening at all. So please help me to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X