Vortec 5600 Tige Ci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortec 5600 Tige Ci

I'm going to winterize the boat this weekend and am wondering if there is a transmission cooler that has to be drained? I dont recall ever seeing one and I've only topped off the oil on occasion.

I'm good with the rest of the process......hopefully

TIA

Yes there is. Its likely located in the raw water intake plumbing between the trans on engine raw water pump. large water hose in/out and two smaller trans fluid hoses.

Just pull one of the large water hoses off and dump the water out.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

As always...thank you!

Comment

Last Q...I just purchased a fake a lake...I assume i can fill a bucket with anti freeze and then hook up a short garden hose to siphon out the AF into the fake a Lake and into the engine? I Made a contraption for this but cant find it so I ordered a FAL....

Comment

Rather then hose to fake a lake, connect your bucket hose into the raw water hose that comes off the trans cooler that needs drained.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Rather then hose to fake a lake, connect your bucket hose into the raw water hose that comes off the trans cooler that needs drained.
            The Trans cooler will send the anti freeze throughout the engine and block?

To be on the safe side, does anyone have a picture of the RAW WATER HOSE?

Comment

Found a pic of the RWH in another thread...TY!

Comment

Working...
              X