Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding TAPS 3 to TAPS 2 system. Anyone with experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding TAPS 3 to TAPS 2 system. Anyone with experience?

Adding TAPS 3 to TAPS 2 system. Anyone with experience? What I mean is I’m wondering if there is a way to add the 2 panels that allow the boat to be evenly weighted for surfing both sides.

Thanks!

What boat do you have? That will help determine how easy it will be to do.

Here's one I did:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=R23+Taps+3

Comment

Only if your 2015 has Tige Touch II, can TAPS-3 be added. Even then, Im not sure Tige will part with the components other then for replacement exchange. What I mean is, TAPS-3 is way more then a pair of trim tabs mounted to the transom.

You can a TAPS-3 like delayed convergence plate system for sure, but it may not be TAPS-3.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Jason and the Germaine crew have gotten people complete kits. I havent gotten to do it yet, but you in theory could so it to 14 and under TT(Medallion) boats, but you would need the standalone Lenco controller. Would be easy enough to mount the switch panel near the throttle handle and control them via the buttons on the controller.
        https://anchorexpress.com/Lenco-LED-...BoCkCYQAvD_BwE

At least in theory. Still havent done it. We have on old wrecked Z3 at our shop that I want to do exactly this to. Just never anytime and the boat just languishes in storage. Kind of sad really.

Comment

but you would need the standalone Lenco controller.
          Heres where my OCD kicks in cause im a stickler for the essence of something. You are still aways from TAPS-3. Surf system........yes, TAPS-3 no

Rider pre-sets, side switching, rider controller, speed controlled deployment or retraction etc.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I’ve added taps 3 before on a Lenco controller. If I were to do it again I’d go GSA.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              We have on old wrecked Z3 at our shop that I want to do exactly this to. Just never anytime and the boat just languishes in storage. Kind of sad really.
              if this is the same boat I think it is from 2012 you should talk tyrell into letting you "take" it and turning it into the tigeowners "experimental" boat for projects like this......
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                if this is the same boat I think it is from 2012 you should talk tyrell into letting you "take" it and turning it into the tigeowners "experimental" boat for projects like this......
                It is the famed dropped boat. I keep wanting to do exactly that. We never have time though. I put a whole "new" interior in it (was replacement interior from a 13 that got its whole interior replaced). Boat hasnt seen the water in three summers. Im sure it has some lot rot by now.

Comment

saw it b4 the repairs. iirc that truckload of boats came in the week before we finalized my deal. it was nasty. should have let tyrell "lease" it to me for research purposes.....
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I bet the boss would let it go for cheap. Just needs a steering cable, fluids, impeller, and who knows what else. Keep the wrap on it and you cant even see any cracks

Comment

said it couldn't ever be "sold" due to the condition. but that 99 year lease could be attractive....
                      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I want to see some pictures of this

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                          I want to see some pictures of this
                          Was before my time but it got dropped by the crane. I think it was either rigged incorrectly, or a strap broke. All the structural damage was fixed but had tons of gel coat cracks. They wrapped it and you can hardly tell. Not that many cracks on the deck, hull took the brunt of it. It was our shop boat until summer of 16 and hasnt seen the water since. Has a reversible transfer pump and 1200s for that old school lean/quick switches. Also has 4 Lifeform 9s and lots of other add ons. Its definitely a prime candidate for some surf system experimentation. Its sat for so long and is paid for so I would bet it could be had for cheap. Dont have any pics of new interior but heres some from when it was in use. Nothing special. Our local fiberglass huy is GOOD(Chapman Boat Repair). I will ask around and see if anyome has some before pics.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by freeheel4life; 09-29-2018, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Boat is 2015 Z3 with Tige Touch 2. i’m mainly interested in evenly weighted ballast capability, so if I cant get full TAPS3, its cool. I’ll research GSA. Thanks everyone!
                            Last edited by Epic; 09-29-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Technically its possible add TAPS3 to your boat and it will run through the touchscreen. You have to acquire the plates, actuators, and mounting hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X