2001 TIGE 21v350 MAG MPI ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 TIGE 21v350 MAG MPI ski

We cannot get this thing to either crank or start from the ignition. We can remotely start from the solenoid. When I turn the key I have the neutral beep indicator (2 beeps) all the gauges work but no crank. I do test battery with the key on. We replaced the ignition switch and the start solenoid - went and tried it again with the key - nothing. We did find and replace a blown 20 amp fuse under the dash. I have exhausted the threads and the various websites. Short of taking it to a mechanic, I am stumped. I have a good multimeter and a bug light - I am open to any suggestions??? Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the 20a fuse was blown then theres either a short to ground or something else is causing amp load to go high. Possible starter relay is the issue. Did the fuse blow after you tried cranking again?

Comment

Have you checked the neutral safety switch?

Comment

As it turned out, it was the neutral safety switch. We replaced the control box and thought it was in neutral - it wasn’t on the transmission. Adjusted all that but now the shift cable is frozen. So now I have to figure out that part number and order a new one. This boat has been amazing and not an ounce of trouble in 18 years - guess time wears us all out! There were some links in other threads that tell me how to order control cables so I am off in search of that. Thank you to everyone for all your help!!! I am definitely learning more about the mechanics of my boat than I ever thought I would!!

Comment

Glad you got it going or well figured out the problem. That's not too bad of a fix for 18 years!

Comment

[emoji106] figure since we have to pull the gas tank (after just filling it up[emoji25]) we’ll change out the steering cable. Still works ok but is getting stiffer. Brand new boat!![emoji3]

Comment

Working...
            X