1997 pre2000 gunwale thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 pre2000 gunwale thickness

I own a 1997 Tige PRE2000. I am considering the possibility of putting a ski/wake tower on this boat. Would anyone know the fiberglass thickness of the upper surface of the gunwales on this model?
    I have seen towers on this particular model of boat. Is this acceptable on this boat...taking into account the possibility of different tower designs.

It’s plenty thick. It’s probably the thickest in the industry. It was the main reason I bought my boat. Nothing on the market was built as tough.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I put a tower on my pre2000. The glass is about 3/16” thick if I remember.
      I used 1/2” aluminum to make a backing plate for each leg on the tower to spread out the load. I had a closed bow so my front plates were pretty large (about 6” x 6”) and my rear plates were the width of the gunwale and about 8” long.

I had the boat for several years before trading it in and never had an issue. Just remember to check the bolts periodically.

A36B8FC8-FF2E-4FA2-BD7B-0EC281E419DA.jpg

Comment

I used an aluminum backer plates as well for a little added extra distribution. They were probably 4" x 6" or something to that nature. Might not have been needed but didn't hurt doing it either. No issues at all.

IMG_2239.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X