Exhaust Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Leak

Everytime I shut off the engine I get a slow constant leak. I've taced it to the exhaust. I was wondering what the best way is to patch the little hole with?
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Which part of the exhaust, hose , muffler, manifolds?

Comment

It's right where the hose off the manifold meets with the pipe that runs along the hull.

Comment

Well I would first check all clamps for being tight, next while the engine is running look for small pin holes.

Comment

If it is the fiberglass connector pipe you can just epoxy it , unless it has gotten too thin.

Comment

Yeah,well i had to draw it. So the leak is there in the blue..you cant see it very well, but its there...on what i remember being fiberglass. I know its a fantastic picture.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much!

I'm sorry, but I just burst out laughing when I saw that picture. I'm sitting at "work" amidst a relatively boring day and this just made me laugh out loud.

At first I thought it was a joke by someone else - but it made me laugh even harder to know it was the topic starter being serious.

Sorry again, not trying to be a jerk - that is just too funny. Have to admit though its a whole lot better than the ASCII artwork I've tried on this site.

** tears still rolling down my face **

At least I dont feel so bad for my 4 year old daughter now. I see some of her friends make these nice drawings, and hers are - well to be honest alot like the one you put up.

Again, not intended to be a flamer here, I guess Im just bored!

Cheers, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jklaus
                Thank you so much!

I'm sorry, but I just burst out laughing when I saw that picture. I'm sitting at "work" amidst a relatively boring day and this just made me laugh out loud.

At first I thought it was a joke by someone me laugh even harder to know it was the topic starter being serious.else - but it made

Sorry again, not trying to be a jerk - that is just too funny. Have to admit though its a whole lot better than the ASCII artwork I've tried on this site.

** tears still rolling down my face **

At least I dont feel so bad for my 4 year old daughter now. I see some of her friends make these nice drawings, and hers are - well to be honest alot like the one you put up.

Again, not intended to be a flamer here, I guess Im just bored!

Cheers, Jeff
                That wasn't the response i was looking for but thats alright.

Well my boats already been stored so i couldnt take a picture and i decided to draw a picture on paint....maybe not the greatest idea, but i think i got my point across....Anyway im glad I made your gloomy day at work a little brighter.

I'll draw pictures more often for you.

I'm glad you compared my "exhaust flow chart" to a 4 y/o drawings.
                Last edited by zad0030; 10-26-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

jklaus

If you're going to start flaming you might as well learn some forum lingo.
                  lol = Laugh out loud
                  roflmao=roll on floor laugh my a#% off
                  and of course
                  kma=kiss my a#%
                  Thanks for the email lol

Comment

If it is on the fiberglass, you should be able to repair it with several different products. You could use two part epoxy, Marine Tex or something close to the above.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
                      If it is on the fiberglass, you should be able to repair it with several different products. You could use two part epoxy, Marine Tex or something close to the above.
                      Wow lee, you're becoming awfully talkative
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well applied a little epoxy, still leaked, it slowed it down but didnt stop it. Were going to try several more coats of epoxy and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                          Well applied a little epoxy, still leaked, it slowed it down but didnt stop it. Were going to try several more coats of epoxy and see if that helps.
                          Zad, wrap it with fabric exhaust tape and apply the exopy over the tape saturating it, then apply expoy again. That will strengthen it as well as seal it.
                          "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Will other tapes or fabrics work?

Comment

Well you might try aluminum ducting tape, not the fabric duct tape. It's aluminized for wrapping heating and air duct joints. Grab a roll at Home Depot and try, it's cheap. I'd epoxy over your existing joint a time or two more, smooth it out and apply the tape, wrapping 2-3 times real good.
                              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Working...
                              X