Drivers seat slides back on its own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers seat slides back on its own.

Good morning - I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on why my drivers seat won't hold its position. It continually will slide back to the furthest back position. The seat will raise and lower. This is on a 2009 RZ2. The dealer is telling me that the parts are no longer available, and they might have to retro some other part to make it work.

Thanks

I bought a complete replacement pedestal for the seat in my 08 last summer. Look under the seat for any identifying info and do a search. Worked for me.

Comment

I wonder if its the swivel on the tension knob. I believe the locking mechanism is just a bolt going into an aluminum plate that presses into the rail. Seems like it could be repaired. Shoot some pictures of the base and where the handle goes into the seat slide.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had the same issue a few years back. It is the knob on the left side of the seat. It just needs to be tightened as the nuts can come loose that pinch the track. I actually broke the hinged part of mine so be careful not to crank on the handle with your hand. You need to get a wrench on the nut itself.

Comment

Well the dealer is telling me that they can't fix it and they will have to order a part that they will have to modify. Supposedly that part is no longer available from Tige. I find it hard to believe that they don't use the same mechanism year in and year out and also why would a mechanism from a newer model work?

Comment

Working...
          X