Steering Cable Length - 14 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Cable Length - 14 RZ2

Hey everyone! I cant remember the steering cable length on a 2014 RZ2. Anyone happen to know?

SSC15420 20' cable.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
      SSC15420 20' cable.
      Thanks! Couldn't remember if it was 20 or 22 feet.

Comment

Can anyone comment if a 2013 Z1 needs the 20 foot also? Or is an 18 enough?

Comment

20' for sure. 18' will be too short.

Comment

19’ is also an option.

Teleflex SSC15419 TFXtreme 19-Feet Marine Rack Cable https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002IQWWNW/..._dduOBbVPJVYE8

Comment

I havent tried it with a 19. Just did a 13 Z1 cable a couple weeks ago and used a 20 and it was perfect.

Comment

JohnnieMo is right. Most of the 22' VE/RZ2 were spec'd and installed with a 19'. I bought an 18' and it was short by 6"......don't go that route. I would suggest a 20' however. In my case with wanting to install a sub box in my front helm locker a 20' would have given me some more routing options around my sub box in the locker. Just something to think about.

Comment

20 foot it is! Thanks everyone.

Comment

how about 2009 22VE length?

Comment

For the record I verified the Z1 is a 19 footer.

Comment

whats the difference between an SSC134 and 154? I havent looked at my rack to see what the actual part number is but reading through this thread I have seen both numbers. Found the SSC13422 on amazon for $100. Boats in storage so kind of a pain to look so figured someone here knew. I have an 11' RZ4. Thanks!

Comment

154 is the Extreme series. Spend the coin on a 154. As long as you keep your bilge dry it will last longer than a 134 and you will see a return on your investment IMO.

Comment

Awesome appreciate it!

Comment

Any tips on how to feed the cable through on a 2013 Z1??? I have a rope through there but the space between the bottom of the floor and the top of the fuel tank is less than 1". The cable simply won't fit through. My assumption is they ran the factory cable before the deck was installed.

The only thing I can think is you need to remove the entire fuel tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X