Oil for 2005 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil for 2005 24V

I usually get my oil from west marine. 5w30....for some reason they don't cary that anymore?!?!....what oil should I be using!? I am confused! Engine is a GM 380 hp V8

I was just recently asking the same question and was told 15-40. After being told that on here i fount my manual and that confirmed it. So i am using Rotella.

Comment

x2 on Rotella although now it is a new formula called T4 as opposed to the Rotella T that used to have some other additives in there... Haven't heard any issues with using the T4 yet... My first voyage will be soon so if temps or pressures seems irregular I will be switching to Delo 400 15w-40 I think it is....

Comment

Thanks! Was very confused

Comment

I picked some up but it says for “heavy duty diesel” is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by skivt View Post
            I picked some up but it says for “heavy duty diesel” is that correct?
            we are on the same page!!!!! I asked the same thing i thought the 40 weight oils were diesel as well but i guess not the guys on here said it as well as my manual.

Comment

Search the site, there's lots and lots of info I've posted on here over the years regarding the correct oil to use; Shell Rotella T4 15w-40. The first number in a multi-weight oil refers to the cold flow properties and the second number refers to the oil's temperature protection rating. Lower first number, faster cold flow. Lower second number, lower temp protection.
              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X