2011 Tige R20 - Tower Folding Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Tige R20 - Tower Folding Questions

Just picked up my first V-drive to get the kids into surfing. 2011 R20. Didn't want to go overboard before I see the kids getting into it.
    When I fold the tower down it doesn't drop low enough to get into a garage with an 8' door. If I lift the engine bay I can get the rack down slightly but still not enough to fit into my 8' garage door. 1" short! To get the boat into the garage I need to undo bolts on the tower and the top portion comes loose allowing the tower to lay low enough to back into the garage. It looks like it was designed to pivot but due to speaker wires mine won't pivot. Any ideas. Is the wiring for the speakers incorrect? Should I just cut the pointy portion of the rack off and weld a square support in? Any one have issues like this.

I have the boat at the cabin and always store my boat inside when I'm not there. It will be a huge pain if I need to remove the top portion of the rack every weekend. Lots of great info on the forum. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi, i wanted to check if u possibly still have this boat? Ive had my R20 for 9 years now and have the same tower. Problem is, i have never folded the tower. I now need to fold it and i remember one of the bolts were left hand thread (it may be where it hinges) however just need to confirm that the two front bolts are regular thread and also, would u be able to send me a picture of the bolt itself and where it screws into the tower? They are so stuck and super scared i break them off!! Thanks Rudi

Comment

Hi Ruds,
      I have the tower to my 2013 R20 removed. The only reverse threaded bolt is the aft starboard one. No pictures, sorry, beyond my technical ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Summit_Push View Post
        Just picked up my first V-drive to get the kids into surfing. 2011 R20. Didn't want to go overboard before I see the kids getting into it.
        When I fold the tower down it doesn't drop low enough to get into a garage with an 8' door. If I lift the engine bay I can get the rack down slightly but still not enough to fit into my 8' garage door. 1" short! To get the boat into the garage I need to undo bolts on the tower and the top portion comes loose allowing the tower to lay low enough to back into the garage. It looks like it was designed to pivot but due to speaker wires mine won't pivot. Any ideas. Is the wiring for the speakers incorrect? Should I just cut the pointy portion of the rack off and weld a square support in? Any one have issues like this.

I have the boat at the cabin and always store my boat inside when I'm not there. It will be a huge pain if I need to remove the top portion of the rack every weekend. Lots of great info on the forum. Thanks in advance.
        It looks like you could just loosen the speaker clamps and pivot them to allow the tower to drop lower. Or just remove the speakers completely

Comment

Working...
        X