Adding second battery to 18' r21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding second battery to 18' r21

I added a house battery with a blue sea switch and acr. Just curious where the wires are for the house battery so I can see the voltage on my touch 2.

Also I put all the grounds to a block, but now I hear white noise from the speakers when touch 2 is on. Any ideas?

Just curious where the wires are for the house battery so I can see the voltage on my touch 2.
    Not sure I follow. Are you looking for Tige pre-wired battery bank wires? Everything you need to see voltage on the TT should already be there and was already hooked up.

White noise, sounds like something is not quite correct with your wiring schematic.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On the TT it shows the voltage for my cranking battery but not a house battery. So I'm assuming there is a a couple wires underneath that I need to run to my house battery I installed.

Comment

Id expect the TT to be wired to the house bank, so that should be the voltage it shows by default. Id have to see the Murphy wiring schematic to see where and how they get the 2nd input.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Where would I get the wiring schematic? From tige?

Comment

If you can through to someone at Murphy, you might get a schematic as well as a more detailed answer as to where and how it generates the dual voltage reading. When I build a battery bank in this manor, I typically wire the helm BUS feed to the house bank. SO that would be the voltage seen. Unless, the voltage reading was already wired by itself to the ignition source, which comes off the cranking bank.

Comment

The engine battery voltage comes from the engines ecm down CAN. The house voltage comes from the screens input voltage which is from the house battery. If the system is separated. If you don't see a difference in voltage, I would say something is wrong with the wiring. I can send you a schematic.

Just for future reference for any other owners.

All you need to do to add dual batteries:
              second battery
              new battery switch for two batteries
              one 0 gauge ground cable from battery to bus bar
              one 0 gauge power cable from cranking battery to battery switch
              Isolator and however you want to wire it. I can recommend you a simple set up. And the wires supporting the isolator.

Then for cranking:
              Power wire from starter to battery switch.
              Ground from engine directly to cranking battery.
              One 0 ground from cranking battery to bus bar.
              one 0 power from battery switch to cranking battery
              attach bilge pump wire (brown with white or black stripe)

For House:
              Wire from house to battery switch
              ground to bus bar

For battery switch:
              1 position - from starter
              1 position - to cranking battery
              2 position - from house
              2 position - to house battery
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Based on that, I still feel the OP has it wired incorrectly, resulting on no house bank voltage and the white noise.

Have you sought out assistance from your blue sea supplier? Did you follow their diagram?

Comment

Working...
                X