2006 24Ve throttles down when in drive around 25mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24Ve throttles down when in drive around 25mph

I am a new Tige owner and experienced an issue with the boat at the lake yesterday. We spent about 4 hours on the water and the first 3 hrs no issues other than a few stall outs when surfing. I initially contributed it to taking off too fast as I've experienced this with other boats in the past. While we were touring the lake (no one in tow) we were cruising at about 25-30 mph, the boat lost thrust and we came to stop. After placing the throttle back in neutral, I tried to throttle back up but nothing happened, not even an engine rev. In order to gain control back, I had to restart the boat and anytime after we got up to 25 it would come to a stop. The engine never died nor acted like it was going to. This happened six times as we motored back to the dock to end out day. On our way home, I refilled the tank, and I had 16 gallons left in the tank.

The motor is strong, no warning it was going to happen (no alarms or alerts). Any help would be great.

Welcome to the site.

3 things come to mind. With the age of the boat, its likely time for a new throttle position sensor on the back of the throttle lever assembly.

The 06 had a wiring oversight at the ECm in which if there is one battery thats low, the ECM can set a code 81 and go into limp mode. There is a simple re-wire but its also a good idea to make sure all the main battery cables are good, tight, etc. Also need to make sure both batteries are good.

Last one, but I seem to recall it sounding the warning sounder. The 06 MP 340 has two oil pressure sending units. 1 for the gauge and the 2nd for the ECM. They are paired on a common stalk. Over time, oil can sludge on the feed stalk and let the ECM sender see low pressure, causing limp mode, even though the gauge sender shows good pressure.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions chpthril.

Comment

I had a similar problem where my perfect pass was on and set to 20mph. I thought it was off.

Comment

Working...
        X